Tax and Legal I
Real Estate Investing Education Focus
Students of this class (and it’s second part – Tax and Legal II) will learn to understand both the similarities and the differences between various business entities. The instructor will define and compare the tax pros and cons of each form of doing business, while students will come to understand legal issues related to the “corporate veil”. Students will also learn how real estate investors can help to protect themselves from potential lawsuits, basic contract principles and typical pitfalls to avoid, as well as IRS classifications of real estate investors. Students will understand passive loss rules for real estate investors as well the basics about expense deductions. The instructor will also cover asset protection and tax deduction strategies, as well as estate planning concepts and how to apply them to fit your family’s needs. Lastly, students will learn the tax ramifications of selling each different type of investment property and how to structure an IRA for real estate investing.
- Defining sensible approaches to legal situations in real world real estate investing.
- Understanding differences between several types of business entities, tailored for the real estate investor.
- The truth about asset protection and deception.
- Learning estate planning basics.
- Understanding practical applications of owning real estate, as well as the benefits of rental real estate, considerations for maintaining and supporting business entities, and the different (and sometimes confusing) tax implications of operating under various business structures.
- Review various principles in the US tax code to maximize deductions and minimize taxes.
- Learn how to avoid prohibited transactions when using a self-directed IRA for real estate investing.
- Considerations and guidelines for partnering and receiving money from others.
Real Estate Investing for Beginners… and Experts!
Free Webinar for aspiring and established Real Estate Investors. It's YOUR key to becoming a successful Real Estate Investor and building a highly profitable business!