Tax and Legal II
Real Estate Investing Education Focus
Students will learn similarities and differences between various business structures and compare tax pros and cons for each form of doing business. Students will be taught to understand the significant legal issues related to the “corporate veil” and how real estate investors can protect themselves from potential lawsuits, contract principles and typical pitfalls to avoid, as well as review IRS classifications. Students will also learn to interpret passive loss rules for real estate investors, as well the basics about auto, travel, and medical expense deductions. Lastly, students will learn how to structure IRAs as self-directed, for the purpose of real estate investing.
- Approaches to legal situations in real estate investing.
- Differences between types of business entities.
- Personal and business asset protection and deception.
- Family estate planning basics.
- Practical applications of owning real estate, the benefits of rental real estate, maintaining business entities, and the tax implications of operating under various business structures.
- Review methods to maximize deductions and minimize taxes.
- Avoid prohibited transactions when using your self-directed IRA for real estate investing.
- Considerations for partnering (or joint ventures) and ways to receive money from others.
Real Estate Investing for Beginners… and Experts!
Free Webinar for aspiring and established Real Estate Investors. It's YOUR key to becoming a successful Real Estate Investor and building a highly profitable business!